Hi Everyone,

I'd like to build a symbolic Matrix object. I'm envisioning a
non-commutative Symbol with a shape and some optional attributes like
is_symmetric, is_positive_definite, etc.... I imagine that Inverse and
Transpose would be objects on top of expressions built up of these.

To be clear this Matrix won't hold any data, it won't be mutable in any way,
it'll just be a mathematical symbol.

It may be that this work conflicts with Sherjil's work on revamping
matrices. If that's the case I'll just hold off until some more ideal future
when things are quiet. I'm hoping that this is relatively independent from
his work.

I was looking through the issues and it appears that similar thoughts have
come up in the past. What's the general community wisdom on this topic?

Best,
-Matt