Hi,

I am not familiar with the internals of sympy. But I suggest that if
you start working on the implementation of symbolic matrices, you
should take into consideration more complicated operators like
differentiation.
'The Matrix Cookbook' has many matrix equalities that maybe can be
implemented using some kind of pattern recognition.

Amit