Am 11.11.2011 18:52, schrieb Vincent MAILLE:
        I found the latax command to convert a Sympy object to LaTeX format,
but, I’m looking for convert a LaTeX expression to Sympy format, is it
possible?

TeX is Turing-complete, so this is not possible in general.

Worse, even if you try a heuristic approach (like what Roman proposed), you'd never be sure that the result is correct. So you'd need to to a manual check after conversion, nullifying most (maybe all) of the advantages of an automatic conversion.

To judge whether these problems are showstoppers or just mild annoyances, you'd probably need somebody with high wizardry skills in mathtex/plastex/whatever. I guess that's why nobody has volunteered for such a project yet. (I wouldn't. I once did some TeX stuff and concluded that TeX's macro syntax and semantics are so horrid I never want to do anything with it.)

Regards,
Jo