18.11.2011 04:30, Aaron Meurer пишет:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Vladimir Perić <vlada.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just looked at the bulk upload requirements, and we need to do some
>>> more work on the spreadsheet.  Here are the requirements:
>>>
>>> 1. Title of the task.
>>>
>>> 2. Description, for markup use HTML.
>>>
>>> 3. Time to complete in hours, as integer.
>>>
>>> 4. Link ID's of mentors for this task, comma separated.
>>>
>>> 5. Difficulty, one of the allowed difficulties (Easy, Hard, Medium).
>>>
>>> 6. Task types, one or more of the allowed types (Code, Documentation,
>>> Outreach, User Interface, Research, Training, Translation, Quality
>>> Assurance), comma separated.
>>>
>>> 7. Task tags, any custom tags you want to add, comma separated.
>>>
>>> So we need to add the following to the spreadsheet:
>>>
>>> - Descriptions for everything.
>>
>> I agree with the other mail you sent, we should just use a generic
>> description (eg. "Please check the relevant issue in our issue
>> tracker."), and add in the extra notes where required (as noted in the
>> spreadsheet).
>>
>>> - Time to complete data.
>>
>> How are we going to solve this? Estimating the required time for each
>> task is.. well, dunno. For many of these we have no idea. And I was
>> wondering why the KDE page with tasks had this...
>
> I guess just make something up.  I'll ask on IRC to see if they have
> any suggestions.
>

>>> - Link ID's for mentors (since we don't have any mentors registered
>>> yet, this may not be so easy...)
>>
>> Theoretically speaking, most mentors can mentor most things, we aren't
>> such a huge project that we'd have distinct parts (like eg. KDE or
>> openSUSE). Maybe we could link the translators with the relevant
>> issues, but other than that I'm not sure..
>>
>> In any case, I've talked on IRC about the mentoring stuff, once you
>> have created an account you can use the following link to request to
>> be a mentor:
>>
>> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/request/send/mentor/google/gci2011/sympy

Aaron, I have send a request to be a menter, If I could.

Please tell me what is required from me else (I do not realized the
google programs exactly).

Also if any help is needed to prepare till Monday deadline, please ping
me on a chat, to coordinate what exactly to help with.

E.g. I will adapt "How to get started" at the
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GCI-2011-Landing page.

Note that I yet somewhere do not exactly understand precise situation
about active issues in the issue tracker, course I was out in the summer.

>> Aaron (or someone else?) will still need to improve it, but at least
>> it sends a notification. (it's not possible to invite someone without
>> an account, so..)
>
> Did you do this?  Because I did not receive anything to approve.
> Anyway, I (hopefully) send an invite to you.  Let me know if you
> didn't get it.
>

>>> - Custom tags (maybe import the labels from the issue tracker)?
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea, we already have them in the spreadsheet anyway.
>>

>>> Furthermore, it appears that a task can be a part of more than on
>>> category at once.  I'll make this change in the issue tracker, but I
>>> think for now, it may be easiest to just leave the ones we have alone,
>>> and only consider this for future tasks.
>>
>> We could manually add in extra categories if we have the time (eg.
>> most of our QA tasks can also be considered Code).
>
> I realized that there is no need to change anything in the issue
> tracker for this.  Just make sure you update the spreadsheet.
>

>>> If someone can help me this weekend (or sooner) to fix this up, that
>>> would be great. I'd like to have the tasks in by Monday, so the
>>> students can start straight away.
>>
>> I'll be around on Saturday probably, or we can coordinate via mail and
>> somehow handle it, if only you could tell me what exactly you want.
>> I'd like to see the Google interface too so I have a better idea what
>> we're supposed to do. I've sent you a request via the link above, but
>> if it doesn't work, invite me manually please.
>
> Sure.  We can coordinate over IRC like we did last time if we are both
> around, or else just work on it on your own.
>

>> I've also added Stefan to the spreadsheet (and he can also now invite
>> other people if needed).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Aaron Meurer
>

>>> Aaron Meurer