Hmm, so I have some example code that I just threw together that implements
a multiple inequality.  It isn't pretty in that I spent 5 minutes working
it, and it uses a global, etc., but it's a proof of concept:

-----
*In [1]: a, b, c, d = test('A'), test('B'), test('C'), test('D')*
*
*
*In [2]: x = a < b < c < d*
*
*
*In [3]: x*
*Out[3]: A < B < C < D*
-----

If this is of interest, I'll ... attach the code for this to that issue.