Well it doesn't matter to me if it does or not.

What should be the distinction for objects that do or do not derive
from Function?  The fact that they represent an arithmetical
operation?  If so, maybe we should have a logical base class for Pow,
Mul, Add, Mod, ...

Looking at the code, deriving from Function gives you the ability to
define evaluation using eval, some built-in series logic, and
automatic evalf based on name (I don't know which of these are also
available for Expr).

Aaron Meurer