Those were about using the notebooks for the examples (the examples/
directory).  We've yet to have a real solution to that, partly because
of a lack of work on our part, and partly because of a lack of
features in the notebook (such as doctesting and automatic html
export).

For putting it in Sphinx, I have no idea how to do that.  You should
ask on the IPython list about it.

If you just want to include a notebook, I guess just put it in with
the examples.  We will have to clean it up when we fix issue 2940.
Maybe we should just work up a simple html/pdf export script (I think
it's doable) and convert our examples to the notebook, forgoing ease
of testing for now (we can run through them before releasing to make
sure they work).

Anyone want to do this?  It would make a good GSoC patch :)

Aaron Meurer