Hello,

I am Shubhankit Mohan, a 4th year engineering undergraduate student at IIT
Kharagpur.Being honest I am new to Open Source Development and I have never
worked on any open source project before.I liked Sympy as I have immense
interest in coding, pure mathematics and algorithms.I have both a good
programming background and a good mathematics background.
I've worked in a number of programming languages including Python,C++ and
Java. Mathematically, my strengths are largely in algebra,statistics and
computing but I've taken courses in a variety of different subjects.

After looking at the suggested projects list I have found two projects to
be especially interesting.

Idea 1:
I looked at the project ideas, and the project on  Series expansions which
seems interesting to me. I have looked closely at the 32 was wondering what
parts of the code might be relevant to look at, and any prior work there
may have been on this or what literature might be relevant for the second
step of the project.

Idea 2:

Risch algorithm for symbolic integration.I wanted to know the current
status of the project  and what portion of work has currently been done.

I have no experience in open-source projects, but I really want to get into
it and contribute my part in it.My studies end on May 10th , so from the
very beginning of the summer I can fully devote myself to the project.I
work on Mac OS X Lion and Win 7.

Thanks
--
Shubhankit Mohan