On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:08:11 PM UTC+5:30, Ronan Lamy wrote:

> Le mercredi 28 mars 2012 à 07:15 -0700, Bharath M R a écrit :
>

> > I would like to know whether I can edit mpmath codebase in sympy. This
> > is necessary as mpmath interval arithmetic library does not support
> > all
> > the functions. Also I would like to extend their module to allow
> > property checking. What do you think will be better?
>
> No, non-trivial changes *must* be made upstream. Otherwise we'd be
> creating a fork of mpmath.

What would be the best way to implement the new functions. I don't think
mpmath will consider taking in the code for domain tracking in functions
into their codebase, as it doesn't serve any purpose for them. One way is
to derive from mpi class and create the required functions. Is there any
better option?