On Mar 30, 2:31 am, Tom Bachmann <e_mc...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as you say, a couple of important things are missing (or implicit in the
> timeline): What algorithms do you intend do implement? What data
> structures/classes will you implement to support this? Somewhat less
> importantly in this case of rather well-defined problems, what is the
> interface going to look like?
>
> Best,
> Tom

Hi Tom,

and thanks for your feedback as well. This week I'll try to spend time
on the exact algorithms I'd like to include in my proposal,
and also think about the data structures/classes - this is something
very important for the entire project, and it's hard to tell from the
beginning which structures are going to work best. For the interface,
I guess it's going to be somewhat similar to GAP's. You'll ideally be
able to name groups, define them in terms of generators (permutations,
matrices) or using a free group and relations imposed on it, and then
do the natural things with them (preferably using the natural words
for the corresponding functions) and ask them the natural questions
(are you simple? :) ).