Hi,

first of all, I think your title is misleading. Kauer's algorithm (as far as I know) is about computing limits, not expanding series.

Then you need to put in much more detail. What limits (specifically!) can be solved with the new algorithm that cannot be done with gruntz, and why? How does the algorithm work, in quite a bit more detail? Can you work through one novel example?

As far as I know documentation of Kauer's algorithm is very scarce. What sources are you using? Did you inquire about the original source code?

Lastly, please observe that we have a patch requirement, as explained on the ideas page: in order to be eligible as a student for sympy, you have to get (at least) one pull request merged.

Best,
Tom