I seem to be receiving no response on my proposal. Does that mean that the
equation editor as an idea won't be entertained this year? Are there any
chances I could work on a similar more relevant idea, or something entirely
different, that might be require work but nobody around to do it, and that
I could be allowed to change my GSoC proposal accordingly?

Also, I have been working on
this http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=1077 issue, regarding
the Q.algebraic functionality, and have come across some shortcomings,
which I seem to not be able to fix. I can't fix Q.algebraic(log(rational))
to return false, because I don't get how the log function works. Apart from
that, there is even an assertion in the tests that says Q.algebraic(sin(7))
is None. But
according<http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=is+sin%287+radians%29+algebraic>to
 Wolfram|Alpha, that shouldn't be the case. How can one define
Q.algebraic for general trigonometric functions of this sort?

Regards
Vishesh Kumar