Hi,

For the past few days, I am working on this patch and trying to fix
it. Here was my direction of attack---

let' s just import sin and cos and defining tan and cot inside
trigsimp......I tried it in IDLE and it worked.......(importing sin,
cos and trigsimp, defining tan and cot on the basis of sin and cos,
and applying trigsimp(tan(x)-1/cot(x)   which gave 0))

However, I am not able to implement this in codebase because of my
realization of the differences between two environments.
Manoj gave me the suggestion of using matchers......I was not able to
implement it.....even after seeing trigsimp_nonrecursive()'s code.

Can anyone please give me other directions to attack this problem or
help me refine these directions....

I also have a naive question---
Can anyone please tell me the reason why we have separate functions
for sin, cos, tan and cot...........can't we do away with just
defining sin and defining all others on the basis of it...........

Regards.

-Saurabh Jha