Am 13.04.2012 19:09, schrieb Aaron Meurer:
Well I for one don't get the point of this.  If you can make a better
interface by using Javascript, which is a web standard, then do it.
If you are too paranoid to enable javascript in your browser, then you
should not expect modern webpages to work.

Thanks, that's useful advice. I'll switch off my browser now.

NOT.

The only pages that really do not work, in my experience, are company pages.
And asserting that "modern" pages won't work without JS is (a) vague (what's "modern", and are the concrete properties of a "modern" page even desirable?), (b) untrue: even with a vague definition, WP, phpBB and Google should be considered "modern", yet I find them working very well without JS.

Third, in these days, paranoia is really the only rational reaction to the threat levels of drive-by downloads. Between patchdays, Windows systems get infected with a 1:50 to 1:400 probability, depending on Windows version and country. New malware technology can create outbreaks with far higher infection rates. Javascript is the first and foremost transmission vehicle for malware, simple as that. (Flash is on the rise, but nobody is proposing to use flash.)

That being said, if you can do things without javascript (for example,
with html5), then that would probably be better.

Exactly my point.