Sure sounds good to me. Does not seem high priority, but surely cannot hurt either?

On 18.04.2012 16:55, smichr wrote:
I am proposing a change to the warning handling for
SymPyDeprecationWarning:

OLD

```
Integral(x).transform(x, u, inverse=True)
sympy\integrals\integrals.py:411: SymPyDeprecationWarning:
SymPyDeprecationWarni
ng("The feature transform(x, f(x), inverse=True) is deprecated.  Use
transform(f
(x), x) instead.")
   warnings.warn(see_above)
Integral(x, x)
```

NEW

```
Integral(x).transform(x,u,inverse=True)
sympy\integrals\integrals.py:491: UserWarning:

The feature transform(x, f(x), inverse=True) is deprecated.  Use
transform(f(x), x) instead.

   warning (see_above)
Integral(x, x)
```

Note that the filled text is offset by newlines and the line just
before the output is "warning (see_above)" which is the line that
actually passes the message to warnings.warn.

This is handled by the warn method of SymPyDeprecationWarning. So to
use it you just do

SymPyDeprecationWarning(...).warn

There is no need to import warnings anymore.

/c