On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 29 June 2012 19:29, smichr <smi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just a reminder that commit messages will look best when viewed in a
>> command window (e.g. git bash) when the title is not longer than 72
>> characters, is followed by a blank line, and successive lines are not longer
>> than 80 characters. (If the title is not longer than 72 characters, then the
>> entire title will show up in the git log --oneline view which puts the title
>> in line with the shortened SHA1 of the branch.)

+1

> If we are at this, I would also like to point out that commit messages
> shouldn't be manually indented (see
> e.g. 27a6e3356b316e9c98166dfb6811d82f2ed4b887).

+1

The commit is:

commit 27a6e3356b316e9c98166dfb6811d82f2ed4b887
Author: Aleksandar Makelov <>
Date:   Tue Jun 26 15:30:59 2012 +0300

        Removed isinstance and duplicate code from orbit()

        At the suggestion of Stefan Krastanov.

so there should not be the whitespace on the left. Github seems to strip it:

https://github.com/sympy/sympy/commit/27a6e3356b316e9c98166dfb6811d82f2ed4b887

But it shouldn't be there anyway.

Ondrej