I guess you should look at old pull requests.  The easiest place is to
browse https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues.  Or, you can browse the
closed issues (here's all closed issues sorted by closed date:
http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=1&q=status:fixed&sort=-closed&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Reporter%20Summary%20Stars%20Closed).
 They usually have a link to the pull request.

Also, we usually recommend looking at issues with the easytofix label.
 Here are recently closed issues with that label:
http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=1&q=status%3Afixed+label%3Aeasytofix&sort=-closed&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Priority+Milestone+Reporter+Summary+Stars+Closed&cells=tiles.
 Of course, if you want to make a contribution, you'll want to look at
the open issues with that label:
http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3Aeasytofix&sort=-closed&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Priority+Milestone+Reporter+Summary+Stars+Closed&cells=tiles.

Aaron Meurer