On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Shriramana Sharma <samj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    ...: summation(lamb[i]*(-1)**(n-j)*binomial(i,n-j),(i,n-j,n))

One logical error I found in the above line is that j doesn't have a
definite (integer) value, so how can summation run i from n-j to n,
but even when I added at the head of the above statement:

for j in range(n+1):

... I still get the same error. Obviously, Python is still trying to
prematurely evaluate lamb[i]. I then tried to do an indirection by
defining:

def getlamb(i): return lamb[i]

... and replacing lamb[i] by getlamb(i), but still the same premature
evaluation happens. Please help!

--
Shriramana Sharma