On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Chris Smith <smi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the functions work, then no. But functions don't carry assumptions.

Can you clarify what you mean by "assumptions"?

And even though it seems (I haven't yet implemented that part of my
program yet) that it would be sufficient to use Functions the way you
have indicated, I still think it would be useful to have a symbolic
array kind of variable where each subscripted item i.e. val[0] val[1]
etc would be a distinct symbol. I am having very very vague ideas of
something like:

class SymList(Expr):
    def __init__(self,name,size):
        self.list=list(symbols(name+':'+str(size)))

etc etc... so that if lamb=SymList('lamb',5) then lamb[0] lamb[1] ...
lamb[4] are all valid expressions which I can use within integrate,
summation etc etc and I can even use lamb[i] where i is a symbol.
Something like summation(lamb[i],(i,0,4)) would then be valid -- I
hope I am making some kind of sense.

And I am not sure whether having it size-limited at initialization is
a good or bad idea, so well...

I admitted it, it is very vague, and I might be seriously off-base on
the syntax etc not being an expert programmer, but I hope you get what
kind of functionality I am expecting...

--
Shriramana Sharma