GSOC 2013 is near and there was in 2012 some interest about SymPy interface on mobile OS, so I share here my views of the status of CAS (Computer Algebra System) for smartphones and tablets, both online and installed locally :
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=pt-BR&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Frobertocolistete.wordpress.com%2F2012%2F12%2F27%2Fcomputacao-simbolica-cas-computer-algebra-system-em-smartphones-e-tablets%2F

As we can see, SymPy is used by many softwares online (Mathics, Integral/Derivative Calculators, SymPy Live/Gamma) and all mobile OS which run CAS.

Maxima was natively released to Android in 10/2012, besides Maxima/wxMaxima available in Linux chroot in some mobile OS.

    It is interesting to think about some trends or possibilities :
- IPython 0.13.1 Notebook (with SymPy / MatPlotLib / NumPy) running on smartphone mobile OS, currently MeeGo Harmattan OS, but possibly Sailfish OS and Ubuntu Phone OS in the future (2013-14); - Ubuntu Phone OS with desktop convergence, i.e., the smartphone becomes the PC desktop :
http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/phone/operators-and-oems
- Qt 5.1 official Android support in Q2 2013 :
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI5NTc
opening the door of developing non-Java GUI on Android;
- Qt 5 expected official support in 2013 :
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2012/12/19/qt-5-0/
- port CAS softwares to Windows 8 RT ? Or serious tablet users of CAS softwares should only consider Windows 8 x86 for tablets ?