On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Mary Clark <mary.spritel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> David:  Do you have anything specific that you think would be beneficial to
> be implemented?

I think it would be nice to have the "classical" groups over finite fields
implemented, as well as their representations as permutation groups.

Also nice would be finite abelian *additive* groups.

> Aaron:  What you said makes a lot of sense.  I think that it could be really
> useful to also implement presentations of groups.

My guess is that representing finite groups as finitely presented groups
could stretch into a multi-year project before completion. It would be cool
to have that implemented though!