Oh yes i have seen "raise NotImplementedErrors"  in the code, I'll try
re-going through these sections in order to see *what* probably still needs
to be added.
Thanks for providing the detailed unimplemented sections from the book,I
will go through the research paper and would revert back soon.

My Mathematics Background:
I have taken full semester courses for
Vector, Linear Algebra and Systems of differential Equations
Probability and Statics
Fourier Analysis and Eigenfunctions
Abstract Algebra
Formal Methods

For now i am using
http://www.extension.harvard.edu/open-learning-initiative/abstract-algebra
inorder to brush up my concepts, Please guide if this is appropriate in
terms of prerequisites

Regards