So here are my comments on the application, in no particular order:

- The questions you have answers for are from last year. You should
update them for this year.

- Some of your answers are actually popdown selections in the Melange
form, so you won't be able to elaborate as you have (in particular,
the question about if you are a new or veteran organization, and the
question about what license you use).

- My biggest suggestion is to extend your ideas page. This is one of
the main things that Google looks at, so it should be well fleshed
out.

- You might want to actually be in #pydy, especially now that students
are starting to be interested.  Right now, the only people in the room
are me and a potential student. You might also want to get a ChanServ.

- For the "What is the main development mailing list for your
organization?" question, you should include links.

- You say, "If a student disappears, ... [we] can take steps to
resolve the issue." You should describe in detail what those steps
would be.

- Your answer to the "What steps will you take to encourage students
to interact with your project's community before, during and after the
program?" question only focuses on the "before" part. The "after" part
is split into a separate question this year, but I see that you've got
it at the end. So flesh out the "during" part.

- I would write up somewhere the story about how PyDy came to be
(i.e., the whole situation with Luke and Autolev and so on). It's a
good story, and I think it explains why this project is so important.
It probably fits best in the "organization description" question.

- For "Why is your organization applying to participate in Google
Summer of Code 2013? What do you hope to gain by participating?", also
describe why you think it is important to not just work under SymPy
any more.

- The deadline is tomorrow, so make sure you've submitted it. You can
edit it up to the deadline.

All in all, I would say that the weakest part is definitely the ideas
page. Fortunately, you can still work on that after submitting (the
deadline is Friday, but likely Google won't start looking at the
applications until Monday).

Aaron Meurer