On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:28:11 PM UTC+2, thomas hisch wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:07:59 PM UTC+2, Stefan Krastanov wrote:
>>
>> I may be wrong, but I think the main reason to test docstrings and
>> especially the examples folder is to ensure that the documentation is
>> correct and up to date.
>>

> This makes sense, but in the case of fem.py, which does not contain any
> docstrings, no doctests should be executed. Is this correct?

Consider this examples which is a stripped down version of fem.py and
demonstates the problem

from sympy import integrate

class ReferenceSimplex(object):
    def integrate(self):
        pass

Doctesting this file triggers the doctest of the integrate method in
sympy/integrals. However, If I replace the name of the 'integrate' method
in ReferenceSimplex by, e.g., 'integrate2' then no doctests are run. This
is clearly a bug in sympydoctestfinder