Did you solve this? Looking back at the book I used when I took PDEs
(Zauderer) I think you are talking about the method of
characteristics. It looks like the solution should be

dx/ds = a, dx/ds = b, dF/ds = c (note that the right-hand side can
actually be c*F + d, in which case the third equation is dF/ds = c*F +
d). Here we consider x and y to be functions of the new parameter s.
There is also some work to invert the solution to solve for s and
another parameter tau. See page 66-67 of Zauderer ("Partial
Differential Equations of Applied Mathematics"), or some similar
reference (p.s., I mention this book because it's the one that I used,
but I don't actually recommend it as it is chalk full of typos as I
recall).

Aaron Meurer