Hello Aaron,

Sure, I shall read the first few chapters of the book as suggested. Also,
kindly, ignore my earlier pull request. I have submitted a new pull
request[1] for the divmod() function enhancement (issue no. 3202 in the
#EasyToFix issues list).

Kindly, let me know how it works.

[1]* *- https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/2008

Regards
Sandeep Dasika

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you can get the first few chapters online (check Google Books
> and Springer). That should give you an idea if you're up to the task
> anyway.
>
> Aaron Meurer
>
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Sandeep Dasika <dasika.sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello Aaron,
> >
> > I have worked on enhancing the divmod function so that it works for
> > polynomials as well. Kindly look into code in my pull request[1] (as of
> now,
> > the Travis build is in progress) and let me know how I can improve it.
> The
> > enhancement is the issue 3202 in the #EasyToFix issues list.
> >
> > I am also working on fixing other defects and enhancements.
> >
> > As mentioned earlier, being a math major, I am highly passionate about
> > Algebra and want to work on the Risch Algorithm for Symbolic Integration
> > project. I have studied your blog posts on the Risch Algorithm. I have
> > understood them clearly, and so I was wondering if I should go ahead and
> > read the Risch Algorithm in Bronstein's book. Kindly, suggest me how I
> > should move forward and contribute more to SymPy.
> >
> > Also, could you let me know a source where I can procure the book?
> >
> > [1] - https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/2005
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > --
> > Sandeep Dasika