Hi,

I have spent the last couple of days writing up a more coherent proposal. It is now in a readable state, see [1]. Any comments would be appreciated. (The proposal is still slightly rough, in particular there are a few TODO notes, and I haven't written anything yet about stretch goals.)

Matthew:
I have not forgotten your email from april 10,

It might be nice to have a couple representative bugs/issues.  What are the
sorts of problems that we're facing?

What is a specific piece of code that would break?
What is an important routine that would run much more slowly?

I just have not had time do work out an answer, yet.

Anyone else, if I have not addressed one of your concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

[1] https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSOC-2013-Application-Tom-Bachmann:-Removing-the-old-assumptions-module