Inspiration: in Mathematica there's
SymbolicC<http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/SymbolicC/tutorial/Introduction.html>that
 just represents language constructs (without applying semantics yet).

The symbolic representation acts as follows:

external execution <- other language <-> symbolic representation <-> sympy
translation -> sympy execution

The symbolic representation is a Sympy object that represents some language
expression of python, Mathematica, Sympy, LaTeX etc.

Each representation would be equipped with two important methods, one for
translation to Sympy and one for translation to it's own language.

For example the python expression '1 + 2' would be parsed to a symbolic
expression of python_add(python_int(1), python_int(2)). Calling .to_sympy()on
this object would generate the Sympy expression Add(S(1),
S(2)) which then evaluates to S(3). The important thing is that it works in
the other direction too!

Credit for this idea goes to @poescko.

(We came up this idea only slightly too late for my GSOC proposal).