Hi,

I recently had a discussion with Ronan on irc on the polys module and
he made the point that using functions instead of classes do not lead
to increase in speed as pointed out in [1].

He made the following points--
the benchmarks are flawed because
        1) they are too short (good benchmarks last for seconds, not
milliseconds)
        2) they use his design, so cannot be used as a justification of his
design

I feel that the current polys module is not very substantially
different from the one proposed in [1]. I would you request you all to
give your views on this issues, on the adequacy of the polys
architecture, partly because of it's importance in sympy and partly
because my proposal is based on the architecture of the current polys
module[2].

I myself like the polys architecture.

[1]http://mattpap.github.io/masters-thesis/html/index.html
[2]http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/