For examples see here (one of the notebooks in our examples folder)
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/urls/raw.github.com/sympy/sympy/master/examples/beginner/plot_colors.ipynb

Also, while our docs are not that good, plotting aesthetics are indeed
described in `plotting.Plot`.

Quoting from
http://docs.sympy.org/dev/modules/plotting.html#sympy.plotting.plot.Plot

>The difference between options and aesthetics is that an aesthetic can be
a function of the coordinates (or parameters in a parametric plot). The
supported values for an aesthetic are: - None (the backend uses default
values) - a constant - a function of one variable (the first coordinate or
parameter) - a function of two variables (the first and second coordinate
or parameters) - a function of three variables (only in nonparametric 3D
plots) Their implementation depends on the backend so they may not work in
some backends.

>If the plot is parametric and the arity of the aesthetic function permits
it the aesthetic is calculated over parameters and not over coordinates. If
the arity does not permit calculation over parameters the calculation is
done over coordinates.