I agree with you on the lambda part. I am still not sure with else
part because users may not right about whether the matrix is enough
sparse and the methods(which exploits sparsity) would be inefficient
if someone enters the dense matrix actually. Maybe we should have a
common matrix interface and it should be the job of module to
determine it's appropriate representation.

-Saurabh Jha