On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Shriramana Sharma <samj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> produces a segfault. I have asked about this over at
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/dvipng/ (but the archives
> apparently need some time to be updated.)

Hm -- I finally traced this segfault back to dvipng's sources -- a
null pointer was being dereferences and the reason that the pointer
was null in the first place was that xcolor.sty wasn't available since
the latex-xcolor package wasn't installed and installing that fixed
everything.

(I've reported the bug in dvipng of not checking for null before
dereferencing and will report in Debian the bug about dvipng not
having a dependency on latex-xcolor.)

Sorry for the traffic...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा