That's because locally, it just uses your Python, without sandboxing
it. It doesn't remove the modules that aren't there in the App Engine.

I'm not sure why it works in SymPy Live. You can see if there is
something in the source (https://github.com/sympy/sympy-live/).

The reason I asked about Python 2.7 is that (in master at least), only
the Python 2.5 parser users the parser module.

Can you post a traceback that you get from the app engine logs (on the
dashboard)?

Aaron Meurer