On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 10:51:33 PM UTC-7, Saurabh Jha wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install gmpy. I have installed(I think) gmp and mpfr. Here
> is my usr/local/include file
> gmp.h mpf2mpfr.h mpfr.h

I assume you are trying to install gmpy version 2 (also known as gmpy2).
gmpy version 1 (also known as gmpy) only requires gmp.

Did you follow the instructions at
https://gmpy2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/intro.html#installing-gmpy2-on-unix-linux

> Now when I am trying to install mpc, after configuring mpc I tried "make
> command". I got output ending with this

What are the exact commands you used to configure and compile gmp, mpfr,
and mpc?

Based on your choice of directory, I think the following commands should
work:

# From the GMP source directory
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
$ make
$ make check
$ sudo make install

# From the MPFR source directory
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-gmp=/usr/local
$ make
$ make check
$ sudo make install

# From the MPC source directory
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-gmp=/usr/local
--with-mpfr=/usr/local
$ make
$ make check
$ sudo make install

# From the GMPY2 source directory
$ python setup.py build --prefix=/usr/local
$ sudo python setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local

> make[2]: *** [libmpc.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> and the installation is unsuccessfull.
>
> Has anyone got around this problem. Is there any workaround?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Saurabh

casevh