Sorry, but some powers automatically denest:

In [6]: print sqrt(x/2)
sqrt(2)*sqrt(x)/2

so it is impossible to pull them together.

expand_log does what you want, though it also expands using the
additive rule. It's not too much more complicated to make it work with
a multiplication of powers instead of a single power, though, if you
insist on writing your own targeted simplification function.

Aaron Meurer