For simple prints, you can do print(DynkinDiagram("A3")) even in
Python 2, because it just sees redundant parentheses (you can put
redundant parentheses around any expression in Python, and omit spaces
when they are there).

This won't work for more advanced prints, in particular, prints that
end with a comma to suppress the newline, because in Python 3
print(a,) is syntactically identical to print(a).

Aaron Meurer