Hi,

I propose to create an issue for old pull requests and close them with
some kind words and encourage the author to reopen it if he or she
starts working on it again.

Proposal for policy: our PR queue should be for active work. If PR is
not ready to merge and nobody is working on it, we should move it out
of our PR queue and move it to our issues --- with a convenient tag
like "pull-request", so that people who would like to take over them
can do that from issues.

Rationale: we have around 120 open PRs and I want to spend time
helping with active ones. Currently I keep browsing through inactive
ones over and over again.
And I also miss some good ones, that I should have reviewed.

I would like to view our PR queue as "work is waiting to be done", not
as an issue tracker. Our goal should be to get number of open PRs to
zero. The only way to do that is to move inactive PRs into our issues.

Ondrej