On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks. I wouldn't worry too much about the things that Travis already tests.
>
> Given it's more or less free testing for you, I'd humbly recommend you
> do use the buildbot screen for testing on windows, OSX, different
> numpies and so on.

Fair enough. I'm just saying priority should be given to the things
that don't work on Travis, like slow tests and tests with the cache
off.

>> Is there an easy way to be notified about test failures?
>
> Yes, various ways, simplest is an email notifier like this:
>
> https://github.com/nipy/nibotmi/commit/6297a70bf7d8ae7a10def04f733c6ef1f700dc38
>
> See:
>
> http://buildbot.readthedocs.org/en/v0.8.6/manual/cfg-statustargets.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> matthew

OK, I'll need to think what the best way to get notifications is. With
Travis, it's the best because it prevents us from merging any pull
request unless it passes. My experience with other build systems is
that they tend to fail and go unnoticed, and then much later we have
to go in and figure out what broke it and how to fix it.

I'm open to ideas for how to best do this.