Hi,

I am trying to find a way to do something which is usually the default
behavior in matplotlib. That is, when I show() multiple plots in a
single figure, they are shown in different colors automatically. For
example:

>>> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
>>> plt.plot([1,2,3])
[<matplotlib.lines.Line2D object at 0x7f48e6c7a710>]
>>> plt.plot([4,5,6])
[<matplotlib.lines.Line2D object at 0x7f48e714e9d0>]
>>> plt.show()

This will show me the two lines in different colors.

On the other hand, in SymPy:

>>> plt = plot(sin(x), cos(x), show=False)
>>> plt.show()

will show both the plots in the same color. I believe it has to do
with creating a single plot object, whereas in the above, two plot
objects were created.

I started to poke around a bit, and thought the append() method in
pyplotting/plot.py may help me, but I got a Traceback, which looks
like a genuine bug to me:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#120>", line 1, in <module>
    plt.append(plt2)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/sympy/plotting/plot.py", line
210, in append
    self._series.append(BaseSeries(*args))
NameError: global name 'Series' is not defined

This is what I attempted:

>>> plt = plot(sin(x), show=False)
>>> plt2 = plot(cos(x), show=False)
>>> plt.append(plt2)

Would this be the way to go about this and is this a bug? Is there a
way to achieve what I want easily without much sweat?

Thanks for any input.

Best,
Amit.

--