Hi Priyatham,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Sai Priyatham Kattakinda
<kmspriyat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am Sai Priyatham. I am currently a sophomore majoring in electrical
> engineering at IIT Bombay. I am interested in contributing to SymPy through
> GSoC 2014. I am interested in expanding PDE solver which currently supports
> only first order PDE's. I have had two courses in my college involving
> Differential Equations the second one completely focused on solving PDE's
> analytically using Separation of Variables, Fourier Series, Fourier
> Transform etc., I wish to start with Laplace Equation and then proceed to
> Wave Equation and Heat Equation. Where do I start and what ground work
> should I do increase my chances of getting into GSoC?

The best way to get involved is to implement something that interests
you and send us a Pull Request.
So pick an equation and solve it using some of the methods that you
mentioned and ask questions if you get stuck.

I'll be at IIT Bombay from this Friday till Thursday. I'll be happy to
meet in person if
you are interested.

Ondrej