Hi,

This is just to note that I did some optimization in Theano related to
this. I did "easy" stuff, like adding c code to some "trivial" op that
where bottleneck in our cases.

It is still slower then your cython example. Is it manually done
cython or generated cython?

Also, I fixed a crash due to the extra not used input to the theano
function. If you use the linker=c Theano flag, with the development
version of Theano. It will run faster then with the current config.

thanks for the benchmark, it make it easy to see where is the
bottleneck in Theano for you case.

Fred