I have gone through the package and it seems to have integrated sage and
SnapPy for computing Alexander's polynomial. They have used the idea of
manifolds to implement (I would like to mention that my grasp of subject is
not that far even though I understand the basics of manifold as a local
homeomorphism to real line( I might be completely wrong)). My plan was to
start with implementing the Braid groups with the braid word, assigning
numbers to the generators and reading from top to bottom which has been the
most used algorithm to construct braids. Then I would like to use the
concept of Braid words to get to the Alexander's polynomial (That could be
achieved through Burau representation). Then other representation like
Lawerence - Krammer could be achieved by relating to matrices (The points I
have mentioned above have been already been implemented in various other
modules). I had the idea of implementing the Kaufmann's invariant alteast
for small number of crossings by the following way : As we can construct a
knot from a braid, if the crossing at each point can be mentioned by X for
one going over the other and X inverse for the one going below the other
and then applying the conditions and splitting it for each crossing and
representing the new replacements by one and the other by zero could lead
to the final polynomial.I am even trying to understand the implementation
of invariants like the HOMFLY - PT polynomial and Khovanov Homology
(atleast the arc representation is possible to implement). My initial
attempt was to relate the braids to anyon braiding which act as gates to
perform quantum computation (I could not find any material regarding this
but I am still on the search).My recent realization being it can be
achieved as a solution to Yang Baxter Equations. These are the ideas I have
had but the algorithms relating to the implementation still needs heavy
thinking.