SymPy already has a pretty widely used single dispatch system (the
_eval_* methods). Multiple dispatch would be useful for any operation
that has more than one argument. I hardly have to convince you of the
advantage of this approach.

The challenge is operations like Add and Mul that take an arbitrary
number of arguments. How can we reasonably dispatch the logic in
Mul.flatten so that it's not such a mess (and also so that we don't
need things like MatrixMul or QMul)?

I haven't looked at the upapjojr pull request. My understanding is
that it doesn't handle the Mul case, which is the one that most
interests me.

Aaron Meurer