On Feb 23, 2014, at 10:26 AM, Sachin Joglekar <srjoglekar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Adding a 'deep' parameter to pl_true seems a better idea. We wouldn't want
to break backwards compatibility for users who may have written code
assuming the former input/output combos of pl_true. But yes, the
modification you suggest to pl_true does seem a good idea to me.
About the idea of using a Semantic Tableau, we should probably stick to
using a traditional SAT solver for the logic module (Since users looking to
use a SAT solver usually need it to return a model, or atleast expect it
to). However, what we _can_ do is use the tableau method for the
Assumptions system (maybe) - or anywhere else in the core, where a model is
not essential.
@asmeurer, do you think we should implement that?

I don't know a ought about it to say. I can confirm that in the
assumptions, the model is not important. Also, satisfiable is called twice
in the assumptions system, once to see if the expression can be true and
once to see if it can be false. In the cases where it returns an answer
(not None), one of the two is unsatisfiable.

Do semantic tableaux give proofs of unsatisfiability? That could be useful
to the user in some cases, even in the assumptions, to answer 'why' (the
model is also important for this).

Aaron Meurer

@Soumya, you could probably run a few tests and check out the timing
results. But before that, you may want to get your current pipeline-PRs
merged. I guess there are 2-3 of them?