Hi Tiffany,

It sounds like the geometry module might be of interest to you.  I don't
have much experience here but Chris Smith might (CCed).  He might also have
ideas on how this sort of idea might be formed into a GSoC project.

Units have come up at least couple times before, I don't think anyone has
yet succeeded.  I would search through the issues and see what people have
tried and the discussion/questions that arose.

Here is a search through our github issue tracker.
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/search?q=units&ref=cmdform&type=Issues
If you're up for some digging you could also search through the mailing
list archives.

In regards to understanding the current code either the mailing list or
probably the chat system is your best bet.  See
https://gitter.im/sympy/sympy

Best!
-Matt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAJ8oX-GFReV3nnYZASgRA%3DYHRppqC5DbYymwkK%3Dac-aO1fwfVQ%40mail.gmail.com.