After converting a 2D point to a 3D point (through whatever method -
the example with the plane was just one of many), we have a 3D point.
We can do with it all the normal operations that can be done with a 3D
point.

The user is free to define any plane.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAD8szLx2q6D6bW-xibn4WTeJ7-xkCpjnM%2BvBMEJiieJOOfGrZA%40mail.gmail.com.