Yes, please submit the pull request, we'll have a look.

But to answer your question, to make it work with python 3, the same
source code must be changed to work with both Python 2 and 3.

Ondrej

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CADDwiVCY0tRxfU_MdPrJwoZF4iC%3DAz40aEAW9Aw%3D34peDV_80A%40mail.gmail.com.