Hi Zack,

There are currently 2 students doing GSoC under CSymPy.
I'm working on Extending Elementary Functions and Thilina
<https://github.com/thilinarmtb> is working on implementing Matrix Module.

Here is my GSoC Proposal to give you a rough idea of stuff I'm covering as
a part of my project.
Most of it has been covered and the rest would be covered in the subsequent
weeks.

To give you a rough idea, the modules which have been completed are:
Trignometric, Hyperbolic, Exponential, Complex.

There are many more elementary functions which are not covered in my
proposal,
you can look forward to adding them.

AFAIK there is no progress in implementing Fast Series Expansion.

Currently Ondrej is primarily helping me out in adding Python wrappers for
the Modules I've added.
We have also integrated wrappers for Complex Module.
Thilina is yet to add Python wrappers for Matrix Modules too.
So there is significant amount of work in improving the existing wrappers
and adding wrappers for all the
remaining modules which are yet to be added.

This is just an overview, you can look into issues
<https://github.com/sympy/csympy/issues> to get started.

If you've any further doubts feel free to catch us on gitter
<https://gitter.im/sympy/csympy>

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sushant