On Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:52:26 PM UTC+4, Ondřej Čertík wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Harsh Gupta wrote:
> >> What is the is benefit of all these XFAIL'ed tests?
> >
> > A passed XFAIL'ed test is reported. Just as a seemly unrelated change
> > can make a test fail, a seemly unrelated change can also make the test
> > pass and it important to be aware both the cases.
>
> Though, in practice, I don't know if anyone is using this feature.

I use :)  Well, sometimes.

There may be be a better way.  E.g. we can add these tests as specially
formatted
comments for related issues.  And we can automate testing of the master for
such tests with some bot...  AFAIR, something like this was suggested by
Harsh.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/fe56f692-548e-4f0c-990e-5b3a143f3c1c%40googlegroups.com.