On 08/13/2014 04:40 PM, Alan Bromborsky wrote:
If I have a sympy expression that contains general functions, say F1, F2, etc. and partial derivatives of the functions what is the best way to determine the coefficients of the functions and derivatives assuming the expression is a linear function of F1, F2, etc. and the partial derivatives and what you want is the coefficients of the linear function.

Additional question is if I have a sympy expression how do I determine all the general functions and partial derivatives of the general functions in the expression (this would be to automate the determination in the previous question)?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/53EBEA54.9020507%40verizon.net.